Friday, June 20, 2008

Thingy of the week x 3

OK - here it goes........

My first thingy is my all time favorite umbrella stroller. It's the Jeep all weather one. It delivers a smooth ride and is so durable. My favorite part is that the handles are taller. One of my biggest pet peeves are strollers with short handles. I know I'm tall, but come one stroller people a lot of other people are tall too. I paid about $30.00 for mine, but next time I would pay the extra $8.00 to get the reclining one with the cup holder. (They didn't have that one when I bought mine)

The next one I saw on my friend Britney's blog. She said that she loved it so I had to give it a try. Oh my....I am addicted to this stuff. You spray a wrinkly shirt and smooth it with your hands then either hang it or put it on and viola - the wrinkles disappear. They really do!! I HATE ironing so this one has been a lifesaver. Thank Britney for introducing me to this stuff :)




My last one today is the Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta. It has 3 times the fiber and added calcium and it still tastes great. It has been my favorite high fiber pasta that I have tasted so far. Beware though - it is still a white pasta, so this is not for the low carb lover.

I found this recipe on the box and tried it the other day. My family loved it!

Pasta with Broccoli Alla Romana

1 pkg Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti
4 lean bacon slices
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain thoroughly. Crumble bacon; return to skillet.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli to pasta cooking water during last 3 minutes.
5. Drain pasta and broccoli well; toss with the hot sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.


I cut the recipe in half and it was more than enough for our family of four. ENJOY!

6 comments:

Jen Souter said...

Hey sorry I have been slacking on the comment part of blogging. I am also sorry that I missed Kristen's wedding. It looks like you had fun and she looked gorgeous! It looks like you guys are staying busy and having fun! We should try and get together this summer and play, maybe in July. Hope you have a great day.

Chelli said...

I am so excited to try the Downy stuff! ya!! Thanks for the fun thingys! I love them!

Torsell said...

Yea! Your back. I've been going through withdrawl! Love your thingys!

Pam said...

I guess there are a couple of new things I need to try.

Deanie said...

I bought the downy stuff and I am giving it a try. I sprayed some on some new shirts and ironed them. Worked great and makes them smell good.

Britney said...

I seriously am going to have to buy this stroller. I hate our umbrella stroller because the handles are so short...and I'm even a relatively short person :)!

Glad you like the downy...we will never iron again!